chuu review

by - 00:55




As a huge lover of Korean fashion, I have heard of many brands that are becoming increasingly more popular worldwide. Among one of these is chuu, a cute brand that does various collaborations with other designers such as estherloveschuu and Strawberry Milk. Their most famous product is the -5kg jeans: it supposedly makes your legs look slimmer. Curious about the hype, I bought a pair to try out. Make sure to keep reading to check out my review!

So, the reason why I decided to buy from chuu was due to their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale! Select items were up to 80% off, and the percentage of discount decreased from there. Of course, I was definitely drawn in since some of items were only $4!

Note: In order to get free shipping, your order needs to exceed $200 USD. Also, most of the clothing is one size (around an XS-M in American sizing), so be sure to double check the sizing for everything.

Onto the products I bought! All of these were purchased with my own money; I was not sponsored to write this post.



Here is the collective list of items I bought:

  • Basic Rib Knit Sweater (ivory)
  • Basic Rib Knit Sweater (black)
  • Basic Rib Knit Sweater (wine)
  • Enjoy Soda Loose Sweatshirt (red)
  • A Day Like a Year Top (black)
  • Stripe Accent Half Sleeve T-shirt (green)
  • Stripe Accent Half Sleeve T-shirt (beige)
  • Thin Striped Long Sleeve T-shirt (black)
  • Cold Shoulder Big Knit (warm taupe)
  • nice to meet chuu Pink Mirror 
  • I Won't Fall Shorts (light blue, size small)
  • -5kg Jeans Vol. 36 (black, size 26)
You also get a $6 discount for registering to be a member!

Ivory, Black, Wine

Basic Rib Knit Sweater

They're more of a 4.5/5 because they're not my absolute favorite sweaters, but they're definitely decent. Great for the price and in love with the colors. These are perfect for everyday wear in the winter or autumn. It is thinner than I imagined, but I actually like it better because you can layer it without sweating buckets. I understand it is one size, but it's quite cropped on me. Not enough to show my stomach, but if I raise my arms, you'll see it. Still, I believe these are essential to anyone's closet, so I recommend picking one up!





Enjoy Soda Loose Sweatshirt

I bought this for my sister since she really likes the Coca-Cola logo. I was really surprised that I was able to find a sweater like this at chuu. It's suuuper oversized to the point where you can wear it as a dress. I recommend wearing another tank top underneath though because the neckline is big enough to give it that off-the-shoulder look, but it can easily slip low enough to show your bra. I'm also a little iffy about the distressed holes on the hems. It gives it that messy edgy vibe, but that's not really my style. I just hope my sister wears it often!!



A Day Like a Year Top

This was the biggest shocker when I received my order. I had no idea that the material would be like this. It feels like felt, which I'm not a huge fan of. This top is also pretty tightening since felt is not a stretchy fabric. The design of the top itself, however, is very nice. It adds a girly/feminine touch to a normal turtleneck due to the frilly hem. It's also very warm -- I started sweating after I tried it on. Perfect to wear with dresses in the winter, if you're into that look.



Stripe Accent Half-Sleeve T-shirt

Coincidentally, when I was a huge fan of Yesstyle a couple of years ago, I saw this product on their website and wanted to buy it, but it was too pricey. I never knew it was a chuu product! When I saw that these were on sale, I had to get it. At first, I was only going to get the green one, but it was such a great deal, I decided to get the beige one, too! These are super cute tops that can literally be paired with anything. Only downsides: it's not tight on my body so the bottom of the top turns out looking frumpy. Must tuck!! The material is not as soft as I thought it would be, but still wearable.



Thin Striped Long-Sleeve T-shirt

I've been having an obsession with striped tops lately, and this one does not disappoint. The material is quite bulkier than I expected, so this is definitely a top for the colder seasons. The only thing I don't like about it is how cropped it is. Because the model is wearing a skirt with the shirt, it was hard to tell how long the top was. I tried wearing it with high-waisted jeans, but it's too short to be tucked. The best choice would be to style this with a skirt!!




Cold Shoulder Big Knit

I've always wanted a sweater like this. I love how it naturally falls off your shoulder, and the knit is so nicely made. The only problem is the sleeves. They are hella longgggg. Even when I roll them up, they still cover my hands. I guess I won't need gloves when I wear this then ;) Excited to wear this more often!!


nice to meet chuu Pink Mirror

Just realized I never took a picture of the hand mirror itself, but it looks exactly as shown on the site. First of all, super cute packaging. I wanted a mirror in order to do my makeup in the morning without me having to lean all over my vanity table. Haven't used it so far, but I realized it also makes a great travel mirror! Definitely taking it with me to my next trip.



I Won't Fall Shorts (Small)

I've been wanting high-waisted denim shorts like the ones American Apparel used to sell forever. The quality of these shorts are decent. I love how high-waisted they are. For the small, it fits my waist perfectly, but the tight that's part is the butt. I never had this problem before, but I guess they didn't give enough room in the butt area? I guess this means I gotta work out in order to wear these in the summer. Stay tuned ;)




-5kg Jeans Vol. 36 (Size 26)

The main reason why I wanted to order from chuu was to try out these famous -5kg jeans. These did not disappoint. Every time I need to wear black jeans, I instantly grab these! I'm glad I read the reviews before and sized up because the 26 is perfect! It's not too snug and gives me room to breathe. Material wise, it feels like most jeans. About the "-5kg," I don't think it makes a huge difference with my legs but maybe because it's black, my legs do look a bit slimmer. So happy that I got this and will be keeping my eye open for other -5kg jeans!!

Quality

I've never paid attention to chuu before until one of my mutuals on Instagram posted a pic of her -5kg jeans, praising the quality and length. I decided to check it out, and I'm glad I did because chuu has become one of my favorite Korean brands now.

Shipping

Chuu's shipping is amazing. I placed the order on December 1st and then received an email on December 6th (my birthday!!) that the order was shipped out and would arrive the next day, December 7th. I doubted it, though, because how would the package arrive from Korea in one night? But lo and behold, I received it. I couldn't believe it took less than a week to come to me when my 66Girls order (placed 4 days earlier) kept getting delayed. Huge props!!

Overall

Need I say more? Will definitely buy again. I actually placed another order from chuu yesterday, so keep your eye out on my next review! I will also post a try-on haul of the items in this post and a future lookbook may be coming as well (still deciding). 

Visit chuu here.
Thanks for reading!!


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I was wondering, quality-wise, is Chuu better than Yesstyle? I've been buying things from the former now, but have found the quality to be a bit disappointing. I admit I have gotten review-less clothing, but have also bought high review clothing. How does Chuu compare?

    ReplyDelete