66 girls review

by - 14:30


Decided to splurge and online shopped at 66 Girls during their Black Friday sale. Everything was 30% off, and there were some pretty low prices. Shipping is $20, so instead of paying the shipping fee, I'd rather spend the $20 on something I would like. I had to purchase $200 worth in order to do that, though. In hindsight, it probably wasn't a good idea, but I'm satisfied with some of my items and it was to also get my sister the Christmas gift.

This was my first time ordering with 66 Girls, but I've seen some of their ads on Instagram. They're not as popular as other brands, such as Stylenanda, but they're getting there.

Onto the products I bought:

  • Hoop Accent Envelope Clutch
  • Solid-Tone Socks Set A (White+Gray+Black)
  • Heart Detail Crew Socks Set
  • Fringed Check Muffler (Navy) 
  • Fringed Check Muffler (Herringbone Black)
  • Dark Wash Skinny Jeans (Dark Blue, Size Small)
  • Drop Shoulder Loose Fit Knit Top (Red)
  • Double Breasted Check Coat (Black)
  • Embellished End Drop Earrings (Silver)
  • Bar Drop Embellished Chain Accent Earrings
  • Slim V-Shaped Ring Set
  • 6-Piece Slim Slip-On Ring Set
  • Basic Low-Rise Skinny Jeans (Black Denim, Size Small)
  • Solid Tone Skinny Pants (Size Small)
  • Loose Fit Graphic Print Sweatshirt (Black)
  • Basic Turtleneck Sweater (Light Beige)
  • Knitted Turtleneck Top (Gray)
  • Cropped Stripe Print T-shirt (Ivory)
  • Button-Down Denim Jacket (Blue)
Total: $200.62



Note: These were all purchased with my own money and I am not sponsored to write this post. Merely sharing my experience with others who are considering ordering from this brand. Before I placed the order, I searched online for reviews, but there weren't many, so I hope this helps!



Hoop Accent Envelope Clutch


Super cute purse. I thought it would be just a clutch, so I was surprised when I found shoulder straps inside. The clutch itself is quite heavy, so when you put the shoulder straps on, the bag keeps tipping over. I gave this 4 stars because the clutch is actually quite small. I can't even fit my phone and my wallet together. It literally only fits my phone (I have a Samsung Galaxy S7) and other small things. But the leather is very nice and I like the design of the bag a lot. I only wish it was slightly bigger.


Solid Tone Socks Set A

Nothing to complain about here. These are nice and soft crew socks that are becoming basics in everyone's closet. The length is great and they look so cute with sneakers. Great to wear any season. They're not that thick to keep your piggies warm in the winter time, but I usually layer my socks and that does the trick. Just wear short ankle socks first and then throw these on. 



Heart Detail Crew Socks Set

My new favorite crew socks!! Absolutely love the heart detail and all these colors are perfect. Looks really cute with a skirt and sneakers. I have a pair of Dr. Martens that I continuously wear during the winter time and sadly, these socks are not long enough to be shown, so I guess I'll have to wait for warmer weather to show off these babies.



Fringed Check Muffler (Navy, Herringbone Black)

Honestly bought these because they were so cheap. I gave the navy plaid to my sister as a Christmas gift which she loves. Originally wanted to get the gray plaid one, but I didn't know what the description was in Korean and ended up choosing the herringbone black to my dismay :( But these are pretty nice scarves. They keep me warm and are pretty stylish. Cons: short and they wrinkle up in the wash. I can't iron it since it's wool.



All the jeans I bought!


Dark Wash Skinny Jeans

These are a really nice dark blue basic skinny jeans. I love how it makes my legs look slim. I actually don't own a lot of non-ripped jeans, so this is a great addition to my closet. I got these in a size small and they fit great. I'm normally a size 0 or 24/25 in U.S. depending on the store. I also love how it looks when you cuff them. These are also slightly high-waisted: huge plus.






Basic Low Rise Skinny Jeans

Not my absolutely favorite, but these are great for colder weather. The material is almost like corduroy, but not fully, so the jeans are actually quite thick. I'm not a huge fan of this type of fabric, however, but it does keep me warmer than my other jeans. Also looks great cuffed. Bought these in size small and it's tighter than the other ones I got but that's due to the non-stretchy material. Gonna recommend going a size up.




Solid Tone Skinny Pants

These are the best black pants I own. They're high-waisted, stretchy, the comfiest out of the ones I got, and it's purposefully longer on the bottom so you can cuff them. The only downside is that lint gets on these so easily (!!) So I recommend carrying a lint roller around. I wore these for a final presentation but didn't realize until I got to school that lint was all over my pants. I tried to use water to wipe it away but it didn't get rid of it completely. Otherwise, I would probably wear these everyday.



Drop Shoulder Loose Fit Knit Top

This is the perfect sweater that my sister wanted, so I got this for her as a Christmas present. It's really comfy and a bright red color. The knit is nice quality. The only thing is that it's oversized, so if you're not into baggy sweaters, this isn't the one for you.


Double Breasted Check Coat

I've always wanted a coat like this but I'm a little disappointed with the quality. It's a lot less structured than I thought it would be. It's also kinda baggy and really long on my frame. For the price, it's not really worth it, but this is a great spring/autumn coat since it doesn't offer much warmth.

all that silver tho.


Embellished End Drop Earrings

These are really cute earrings, and I've been looking for silver hoops for a while. The pearl at the end gives it a classy look. Only reason why I took a star off is because it's difficult to put on. Currently, I just wear the hoops alone and took of the pearl drop at the end because I love the size of it.


Bar Drop Embellished Chain Accent Earrings

These are great for a night out or to a party. I wear them whenever I want to dress up a little for work. It compliments the face very well, and I like how you can mix and match, so you don't have to wear these two together. You can wear each one separately! Great buy.


Slim V-Shaped Ring Set

Wasn't planning on buying this, but it was a great price, and I love simple rings like these. I actually get a lot of compliments when I wear them. They look great with other silver rings as well. I'm normally a size 7 in rings, and these fit perfectly fine. 


6-Piece Slim Slip-On Set

These are my absolute favorite style of rings. I love thin, simple silver bands like these and I'm glad that there are different sizes so I can wear them as midi-rings or just on the pinky finger. I always put a couple of these on when I go out.




Loose Fit Graphic Print Sweatshirt

This sweater is a lot thicker and softer than I thought it would be. I really like the design and it looks great paired with anything. Perfect for lazy days. The sizing of this is also great. I typically like my clothes oversized just so I can tuck it into my jeans.



Basic Turtleneck Sweater (Light Beige)

Not sure why in the picture it looks gray, but it's definitely a beige. It's super comfy and warm, but the neck hole is quite too long so when I fold it, it's quite bulky-looking. Nevertheless, a great winter staple that I will definitely pick out for those cold days.

Knitted Turtleneck Top (left) and Basic Turtleneck Sweater (right)
Better depiction of how the beige actually looks.

Knitted Turtleneck Top

Cute basic gray turtleneck for the winter time! This one isn't made of a stretchy knit, so it's actually quite tight, but it looks great once it's on a person. I also really like the color and how it's slightly marled.




Cropped Stripe Print T-Shirt

This shirt is much more cropped than I thought it would be, but I love the lightweight material and the long sleeves. It has instantly become one of my favorite striped shirts. Too bad I wore it to a BBQ party and some of the sauce spilled onto the shirt :( Hopefully it washes out. Surprisingly became one of my favorite purchases.


Button-Down Denim Jacket

Honestly just a really great closet staple. I've been really into denim jackets lately, and this is a much darker shade than the other two I own. Great quality and it makes the body look flattering. Also, it's good for all seasons! 

That's the end of all the product reviews. 
Quality

The quality is definitely better than Forever 21, but not exactly top-notch either. Around H&M quality. All I have to say is to be careful of the sizing, since most of these products are one size fits all.

Communication

There's several problems with my account going on right now, so I have been emailing their representatives. I like how they are quick and easy to contact, but so far, nothing's been done. (There's a glitch on my account that won't let me write reviews because my order hasn't been "delivered" even though it says it was in my order status.)

Shipping

I don't have high expectations when it comes to shipping from Asia, but Chuu really blew me away with their services, so it made me evaluate this with a higher standard. I ordered from 66 Girls on November 26th. The package was shipped on December 4th, and it arrived on December 11th. So overall, it took 15 days for me to receive my package. It came in a box and everything was nicely folded and packed.

Overall

This isn't a bad brand at all, and they do sell a lot of cute clothes. Would I buy from them again? Maybe. But spending $200 in order to get free shipping is ridiculously high. If they were to have a huge sale or a free shipping promotion, I would consider it. My advice would to bulk buy with a friend, so you can split the costs. 

Visit 66 Girls here.
Thanks for reading this super long review!!


You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wow thank you for making such a gorgeous post! Love the photos and details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! I'm glad you like it :) Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  2. okay I thought about ordering from them would you reccomend them ? Also your review was really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like their products, I say go for it! However, I honestly prefer chuu & there are other sites with cheaper alternatives but if you like the style of their clothes, 66girls isn’t bad. Make sure to subscribe to their emails so you know when they have sales & sometimes they have free shipping events!
      & thank you so much! I’m glad it was of use to you :-)

      Delete