chuu review #2

by - 17:30


Like promised, I'm back with another chuu review! My package came today, and I immediately started photographing all the items. These are the few things I picked up during their New Year sale.

Note: everything was purchased with my own money; I was not sponsored to write this.



Thick Rubber Slip-Ons (Herringbone Size 245mm)

I actually really like slip-ons, but I only have one from H&M and it's all beat-up from all the wear-and-tear. These looked cute, so I decided to take a chance and buy one. I was a bit worried since I'm normally a size 7 in U.S. which is 240mm, but they only had 245mm. Luckily, these fit well although slightly roomy, but I tried them on without socks, so I think it'll be fine. I think these are about 1 or 1.5 inch (?) platforms. I don't really need the extra height, but these are such comfortable shoes that I don't mind. Can't wait to wear these once it gets warmer!

The fabric is not that sturdy, so they can become misshaped. Be careful not to crush these!


Floral Trimmed Intimate Set (Beige/90)

The reason why I can't rate this yet is because this is supposed to be part of a set with the bra and panty together, but they only sent me the panty. I contacted chuu already and am waiting for their response. I'll keep you updated -- The panty is a lot more sheer than I thought it would be, but it has so many cute details and is definitely the fanciest undergarment I own. I don't remember the last time I bought bras and underwear...like three/four years ago?
Edit: Turns out it was a translation error and it was only supposed to be the panty. To repay for the confusion, I was credited $5.25 into my account. Super satisfied!





-5kg Jeans Vol. 3 (Size 26)

After purchasing Vol. 36 last time, I wanted to pick up another one in a different style. Luckily, these were on sale, and I fell in love with the knee rips. Like last time, I also sized up to a 26 (definitely recommend for anyone purchasing a -5kg jean!) for a comfier fit. This was just what I expected, and I already know I'll be wearing these a lot. The only thing to be mindful is that the rips fray easily, so my holes actually got bigger after wearing these around.








Long One-Button Coat

The original price for this coat was $115 and it was on sale for $57. At first, I was a little iffy on it because in my past experience, whenever I order these type of coats, they don't really turn out so well. But I needed $200 to get free shipping, so I decided to get it on a whim. SO glad I did. This is the coat I've been looking for. Ever see celebrities wear those long black overcoats? This is a great substitute! Although it's not very thick, it's perfect for the spring/autumn. There's no full-on shoulder pads, but I can feel that they inserted something so that the ends of the shoulders look very sharp once it's on a body. This is much more structured than the 66girls overcoat and looks very neat. I can't wait to wear this more often!! 




Quality

Chuu offers pretty high-quality items. It's somewhat on Zara level, but it's much cheaper than Zara. I don't think you'll be disappointed with their products!

Shipping

Their legendary shipping strikes again. I placed the order on January 5th and received the notification that it was shipped out on January 9th. It arrived the next day (January 10th), so it only took five days!! Highly satisfied in this area.

Overall

Chuu still remains as one of the top Korean brands for me. Super happy with all the things I picked up. Will definitely keep shopping here in the future! Now I'm curious how their stores in Asia are like. If you're looking for somewhere to buy Korean fashion, I would recommend chuu!

Visit chuu here.
Thanks for reading!!


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. thank you for your reviews!!! i am so happy i came across your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outfits you styled with these fashions from chuu look very stylish.
    The panty from the beige chuu Floral Trimmed Intimate Set looks gorgeous!
    I love the appearance of its stiching and lace ornamentation at the front of the waistband and front of the leg-holes. I noticed that the rear of the leg-holes appear laser cut so as to reduce panty-lines. A very pretty panty.
    Fabulous fashion haul!
    P.S.: I love your YouTube videos

    My blog: Full Brief Panties
    My YouTube: misterpantybuns's Channel videos
    My Twitter: @Panty_Buns

    ReplyDelete